We are less than 50 days away from moving into our first house and less than 30 days away from moving out of our apartment. Not sure if you caught the discrepancy in those timelines, but just in case you are concerned that we’ll be without a home for about 20 days in between moves– never fear. Our awesome parents are eagerly awaiting our visits to both Tennessee and Georgia. [smile] In the meantime however as I begin to pack up our apartment I thought I would share both mine and Caleb’s list for the top 3 things we are most excited about with the move out of our tiny apartment and into our comfortably spacious 3 bedroom bungalow.
While I wish I could go ahead and post a picture of our sweet new dwelling, I’m restricted by a “gag order” from the Conference, Caleb’s employer, that we keep silent about our appointment until the official announcement is made on April 21st. Instead I thought I would post a picture of this adorable dwelling we spotted on a walk around the neighborhood yesterday. How cute, right? Now, let’s proceed with the count down!
Top 3 reasons I’m excited to move into a house:
- A bigger kitchen! While I’ve not actually seen the inside of our parsonage yet, given how small our kitchen is now I am certain this one will be bigger. Currently we have a little less than one square foot of counter space and I have to do all the prep work when I’m cooking at our table. We also don’t have any space for a microwave. If you are asking yourself how we get by, lets just say that I am now the foremost expert on popping popcorn on a pot on the stove.
- A guest room! I’m so excited to have space to host family and friends. Our one and only overnight guest in our current place slept in a pillow fort and sleeping bag in the floor of our living room. While I think my cousin Emily had an awesome time reliving her childhood, I’m happy that we’ll be able to host people in a more adult fashion.
- No more coin operated laundry machines! Not only will we save money by not having to pay between $2.25 and $3.25 per load, but I’m just excited to have the convenience of a washing machine and dryer that we can use whenever the mood strikes instead of having to wait on another family to finish up.
Top 3 reasons Caleb’s excited to move into a house:
- A yard to mow! I knew this was top on his list before he even told me because he’s been talking about wanting to have a yard to mow since last summer. For Caleb, lawn care is a hobby. Whenever we walk by a yard with especially great edging, he always points it out. I love it! It is one of the most adorable things about him and I can’t wait to get him a lawn mower.
- Christmas, specifically space for a Christmas tree! While I wouldn’t change our adorable little tabletop tree we got this Christmas, I am so excited to get a big Christmas tree too. Plus we have some beautiful Christmas china that I plan on keeping out the entire holiday season.
- Halloween and potential trick-or-treaters! What can I say my Caleb is a big fan of holidays and we agree that Halloween is really one of the best! Its the perfect time for a party and we’ve already started to plan one. And of course we’re planning on decorating the yard with pumpkins, hay bales, and cornstalks. It is going to be so fun!
I love how different our lists are. I’m so much more practical in my thoughts and I am so thankful that Caleb’s list is a bit more frivolous because it reminds me that I have those joys to look forward to too! [smile] It will be sad to leave the first place we made our home, but we are so ready for what’s next.